Whether you are traveling to Singapore or living in Singapore and trying to discover more things to do in Singapore with your kids, you are at the right place. When visiting Singapore with kids, there are several important considerations to keep in mind to ensure a smooth and enjoyable family vacation. Here’s a list of things to take note of:
- Weather and Clothing
- Singapore has a tropical climate with high humidity and frequent rain showers. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing and rain gear.
- Don’t forget sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses to protect your family from the strong sun.
- Attraction Planning
- Research and plan ahead to prioritize family-friendly attractions that suit your children’s ages and interests.
- Check opening hours, admission fees, and any height or age restrictions for various attractions.
- Hydration and Snacks
- Keep your family well-hydrated, especially in the humid weather. Carry refillable water bottles.
- Bring along healthy snacks to keep kids energized between meals, as well as any specific dietary items they may need.
- Health and Safety
- Singapore is generally safe, but it’s wise to have a basic first aid kit on hand for minor injuries or discomfort.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of medical facilities and pharmacies near your accommodation.
- Public Transportation
- Singapore has an efficient public transportation system. Consider using the MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) for easy and cost-effective travel around the city.
- Check if there are any stroller-friendly routes or stations on the MRT system.
- Child-Friendly Facilities
- Many attractions, shopping malls, and public areas have family-friendly facilities such as nursing rooms, diaper-changing stations, and play areas.
- Language and Communication
- English is widely spoken in Singapore, making communication easier for international visitors.
- Teach your kids a few basic phrases or words from local languages like Malay, Chinese, and Tamil for a fun cultural experience.
- Cultural Etiquette
- Singapore is a multicultural society with diverse customs and traditions. Teach your kids about local customs, such as removing shoes before entering homes and religious sites.
- Respect local rules and regulations, such as no gum chewing in public places.
- Travel Insurance
- It’s always a good idea to have travel insurance that covers medical emergencies, trip cancellations, and other unforeseen events.
- Technology and Entertainment
- Bring along entertainment options for kids during transit or downtime, such as books, tablets, or travel-friendly games.
- Time Management
- Keep in mind that Singapore is relatively small, and it’s easy to move between attractions. However, young kids may tire quickly, so allow for breaks and rest periods.
- Local Cuisine
- Singapore is a food paradise, but some local dishes might be too spicy or unfamiliar for young palates. Opt for milder options or international cuisine if needed.
- Respectful Behavior
- Teach your kids about respectful behavior in public spaces, including not littering, queueing patiently, and being considerate of others.
- Souvenirs and Gifts
- Encourage your kids to choose meaningful and culturally appropriate souvenirs, supporting local artisans and businesses.
Remember, every family is unique, so tailor your travel plans to your children’s ages, interests, and needs for an unforgettable and enjoyable experience in Singapore.
We have researched and rounded up the top things that you can do with your kids in Singapore! Check them out below and let us know how it goes. Have fun!
Adventure Cove Waterpark
Get wet and experience marine life at one place. You can also take thrilling slides, snorkelling or even close encounter with sharks.
Marine Life Park, Resorts World Sentosa, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269
Singapore first themed and integrated family enrichment centre. It is a 9,500 sqft air-conditioned facility where families can dine and play together.
Amazonia, Great World City #03-08, 1 Kim Seng Promenade, Singapore 238994
Sweat it out playing trampolines with your kids. Research says that 10 minutes of jump is equivalent to 30 minutes of time. Get fit!
Tanjong Katong, River Valley and Jurong East
Appreciate creativity at its best in areas of art, science, design, media, architecture and technology.
Marina Bay Sands, 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore
Asian Civilisations Museum
Indulge in a history enrichment exercise and learn more about the ancestral cultures of Singaporeans.
1 Empress Pl, Singapore 179555
You can fly kites, take a stroll or cycle in Bishan Park in Ang Mo Kio.
Bishan Park, Bishan Road and Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Singapore 569981
Spend a day in Botanic Gardens learning more about plants/flowers and experience nature.
Botanic Gardens, 1 Cluny Road, Singapore 259569
Get into this air conditioned playground, have fun and be happy.
Bouncing Kids, Kovan Hub #01-K2, Blk 206 Hougang Street 21, Singapore 530206
Bukit Timah Nature Reserve
Climb up the highest hill in Singapore – Bukit Timah Nature Reserve.
Bukit Timah Nature Reserve Visitor Centre, 177 Hindhede Drive, Singapore 589333
Bukit Timah Saddle Club
Sign up for a beginner/public course for riding a horse. Saddle up and learn how to ride with your kids.
Bukit Timah Saddle Club, 51 Fairways Drive, Singapore 286965
Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom
If your kids love butterfly and insects, this is a great place to learn more about the insect kingdom.
Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom, 51 Imbiah Road, Singapore 099702
Clip N’ Climb
This originated from the Clip N’ Climb from New Zealand. There are 19 exciting challenging climbs for climbing enthusiasts in this theme park.
Our Tampines Hub Singapore 529684
Organize a picnic in Chinese Gardens with views of Chinese Pagodas and lake. Other activities include kite flying, fishing, ball games etc.
Chinese Gardens, 1 Chinese Garden Road, Singapore 619795
Diggersite @ ORTO
A unique and interesting experience for family and kids to learn how to operate small scale construction machinery.
ORTO Yishun 81 Lor Chencharu Singapore 769198
East Coast Park
Plan for a 2D 1N camping and bbq session in East Coast Park.
East Coast Park, East Coast Park Service Road, Singapore 449876
A great playground for kids lesser than 12 years old. This indoor playground also offers education programs which help in mental development for the children.
eXplorerkid AMK Hub, #04-02 AMK Hub, 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Singapore 569933, +65 6589 1668
Fidgets is a big indoor play area where your kids can climb, slide, paint, bake, party with other kids and more.
This is an adventurous experience for kids! Singapore first and only treetop obstacle course. Overcome the height fear and challenge yourself.
825 Bedok Reservoir Road, Bedok Reservoir Park, Singapore 479244
Gardens By the Bay
4 playgrounds in Gardens by the Bay for your kids: Adventure Trail, Toddler’s Play, Water Play and Fish Fountain.
Gardens by the Bay, 18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore, 018953
You can really fly here! Experience the same free fall skydive from 12,000 – 3,000 feet at 1/5 of the price of a tandem jump.
43 Siloso Beach Walk, Sentosa Island, Singapore 099010
Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden
This garden is dedicated to children to provide a space for them to learn, play and experience nature.
Jacob Ballas Childrens‘ Garden, Singapore Botanic Gardens, 481 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259769.
Have fun and close up with thousands of different bird species.
Jurong Bird Park 2 Jurong Hill, Singapore 628925
Located in Singapore Turf Club, this is a circuit in Singapore to try playing go-kart.
KF1 Karting Singapore Turf Club,1 Turf Club Avenue, Singapore 738078
The all new edutainment center for kids. Here, kids can role play and become who they want to be. A surgeon, chef, pilot? No problem. Oh, they can also earn a salary called kidZos.
31 Beach View, #01-01/02, 098008
Kids Fun @ Vivocity
Only for kids aged 3 to 12 years old. Let your kids have fun in this playground while you indulge in your shopping spree in Vivocity.
Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
Nurture the public interest in biodiversity and associated environmental issues. Maybe a little overloaded for kids.
2 Conservatory Dr, 117377
Let Em’ Play
Challenge yourself mentally and physically. There is a wide range of activitie suitable for both adults and children.
Let Em’ Play, 18 Boon Lay Way, Tradehub21, #01-100, Singapore, 609966
One of Singapore’s newest indoor bouldering and climbing facility. Learn how to climb like a pro. Challenge yourself.
Kinetics Climbing,160 Paya Lebar Road #02-07 Orion @ Paya Lebar, Singapore 409022
Go for a day trip to Kranji Countryside and experience farm-life in Singapore. Support by buying fresh local produce, dairy products and more.
Take photos all selfies with your favorite A listers or celebrities.
Madame Tussauds, 40 Imbiah Road, Imbiah Lookout, Sentosa, Singapore
Go for a 2-hour hiking tour in MacRitchie Reservoir.
Lornie Rd, Singapore
Fly kite, picnic, cycle or even fly your DJI Mavic Pro drone in Marina Barrage.
8 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018951
Let your kids interact, play and learn with the shows in Maritime Experiential Museum and Aquarium.
Resorts World Sentosa, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island, Singapore 098269
Mega Adventure Park
Crawl, climb, zip and ride different obstacles courses and activities in Mega Adventure Park.
Mega Adventure Park, 10A Siloso Beach Walk, Singapore 099008
MINT Museum of Toys
The history and display of toys which are imprinted in most of our memories.
26 Seah Street, Singapore 188382
National Museum of Singapore
National Museum provides cutting edge and multi-perspective ways to present Singapore history. A great place to learn about Singapore founding story and its roots.
98 Stamford Road, Singapore 178897
Pasir Ris Park
Pasir Ris Park is a great place for a stroll, picnic, camping and more.
Pasir Ris Central, 510534
Punggol Settlement is a food and beverage center. In addition to dining, other activities may include cycling, fishing and more.
3 Punggol Point Road, 828694
The largest bouncy castle on top of Vivocity.
The Polliwogs, East Coast Park, Suntec, Vivocity
Take a river cruise and experience the beautiful night life of Singapore.
River Cruise, Ports In Robertson Quay, Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Marina Bay
There are so many fun things to do and attractions in Sentosa. Visit Sentosa website for more information.
Singapore Art Museum
The largest collection of modern and contemporary SEA art pieces.
71 Bras Basah Road, Singapore 189555
Science Centre Singapore (Kidstop, Snow City)
Visit Kidstop and Snowcity located in Science Centre Singapore. Experience winter and the Snow City at -0 degree Celsius temperature.
15 Science Centre Road, Singapore, +65 6425 2500
Love sharks, stingray, jellyfish and more? S.E.A Aquarium provides a unique and fulfilling close-up experience with those sea species. Also, you can learn more about the species and the ocean ecosystem.
S.E.A Aquarium, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269
Singapore Cable Car
Get up the cable car and enjoy the beautiful scenic views of Singapore.
HarbourFront Tower Two, 3 Harbourfront Place, Singapore 099254
Take a 30 minutes rotational ride with the Singapore Flyer and enjoy the panoramic views of Singapore City.
30 Raffles Avenue, Singapore
Singapore National Library
Spend an afternoon in Singapore National Library mugging and reading books. ‘My Tree House’ has around 45,000 books for kids ages 4-12 years. There are also interactive e-reading kiosks and a reading corner for kids.
100 Victoria Street, National Library Building, Singapore 188064
Singapore Zoo (River Safari, Night Safari)
Love animals? Visit River Safari for Jia Jia and Kai Kai or night safari to experience wildlife. Singapore Zoo is an award winning zoo in the world.
80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore
Go fast and furious. Prepare yourself for a 680-meter descent down the hill. Extremely exciting and fun ride.
Imbiah Lookout, 45 Siloso Beach Walk, Singapore 099003
Transform your girls into beautiful princesses. Tiara Society is a kingdom of delights for little girls with royal aspirations.
81 Clemenceau Avenue, UE Square, #01-32, Singapore
Univeral Studios is great for families. Hollywood Dreams Parade™ brings to life to your favorite blockbuster movies and beloved characters.
8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa, Singapore 098269, +65 6577 8888
In Wave house, you can learn the surfing basics and flow like a professional with their flow lessons or you can just pose like a pro at the Surf Shop.
36 Siloso Beach Walk, Sentosa, Singapore 099007
A fantasy garden themed outdoor playground at the top of Westgate.
Westgate Mall, 3 Gateway Drive, Singapore 608532
Wild Wild Wet
One of Singapore largest water park and popular family-friendly attraction. Spill and splash with your kids!
Wild Wild Wet, 1 Pasir Ris Close, 519599
Hope you find this list of things to do in Singapore with your kids useful and if you know of any other activities that can be added, please feel free to leave a comment below.