Now that you have understand why you should visit Hua Hin, here is a guideline for you to plan your next trip to Hua Hin, Thailand.
About Hua Hin
While the beaches of Phuket and Koh Samui are more well-known to visitors for its white sands and clear water, Hua Hin has already been the favorite Thai resort for over 90 years, especially for the royal family. It is a delightful mix of attractions of a modern travel destination, sea with the charm and fascination, lively markets, tasty street eats and a fully functional infrastructure.
How to Get to Hua Hin
Starting from Bangkok, you can take a minivan from the southern bus terminal with a cost of 180 BHAT. After almost 3 hours’ drive, you will alight at Central Hua Hin clock tower. From there, you can take a taxi which starts at 100 BHAT to go to any attractions. Normally people will go for a one day tour which will take you to different attractions. It usually costs 1200 BHAT for two people.
Alternatively, there is a coach from the airport directly go to Hua Hin.
What to do in Hua Hin
- Hua Hin and Cha-am Beach
- Enjoy a holiday in various oceanfront resorts (here is our recommendation)
- Swiss Sheep Farm to experience an European style farm life
- Santorini Park to realize a romantic blue and white dream
- Hua Hin Railway Station to have a look at a traditional railway station
- Mrigadayavan Palace to witness the deep love an old King has for his wife
- The Venezia Hua Hin to live like a local in Venice
- Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park to act like a royal member
- Night market for cheap street food and seafood
Travel Tips in Hua Hin
- Put on sufficient sun block
- Remember to bargain in night market
- Avoid taxi/tuk-tuk scam by knowing the average cost