As I mentioned in the post Useful Tips Before You Booking Your First Accommodation, air tickets and accommodation are two big overheads of a trip. One of the ways you can save money from air tickets is to fly budget airlines. Budget airlines has revolutionized the air industry with lower fares by operating a total different model as compared to traditional airlines. Overheads are eliminated to pass huge savings to the customers. One of main reasons why budget airline is cheaper is because the price is exclusive of any additional services. In other words, additional check-in luggage, seat space, in-flight meal, in-flight wifi or anything a traditional airline may provide will be available at an additional cost.
Nowadays, budget airlines is a popular choice among travelers who are going for a short distance travel. I do recommend budget airlines for short distance travel too!
Fly budget airlines & use the money saved for better food and accommodation.
Below is a list of budget airlines worldwide.[wpsm_comparison_table id=”2″ class=”center-table-align”]
When you are planning to book your flight, you may try some of the popular flights search engine like Skyscanner.com, Kayak.com, zuji.com.
Here are some tips you can follow:
- Set a price alert and watch out for travel promotions.
- Follow & stay tuned to the airline’s Facebook page. Most of the promotions will be first announced in their Facebook page
- Book the air tickets 3 months in advance.
- Avoid travelling during public holidays period.
- Compare prices from different search engines and airline websites
- Try transit flights if time allows
Hope you have a good journey!