Accommodation is one of the biggest overhead of travel cost (while the other is the air tickets). If you are not going for a honeymoon or planning to stay in a resort, most of time you can probably try to save money in accommodation.
Instead of booking directly from the hotel website, you can try some of the popular online hotel booking websites such as: Booking.com, Agoda.com, and localized ones such as Qunar.com in China. Sometimes, these booking websites can give better prices as compared to direct booking from hotels. There are also booking websites that specializes in local house rental. One such example is Airbnb.
Below are some of the popular booking websites by country/region:[wpsm_comparison_table id=”4″ class=”center-table-align”]
For me, I frequent Agoda.com & Booking.com when I am searching for my accommodation. For your knowledge, Booking.com and Agoda.com are actually from the same parent company. They are one of the most popular hotel booking website in worldwide. Below is a comparison between Airbnb, Agoda, Booking & Qunar.[wpsm_comparison_table id=”3″ class=”hover-col1″]
We suggest the below steps when you are searching for a stay:
- Search by location (e.g. shopping mall, train station, airport).
- Rank listing by ratings – consider the top 20% with plenty of reviews.
- Filter by price (e.g. your budget for one night is 100 SGD).
- Read review comments and photos uploaded by customers.
- Compare listings in different booking sites and decide where to book from.
Hope you have a great journey!