Not sure how you can upgrade or downgrade your DJI Mavic Pro firmware? In this post, let’s run through the steps together.
To get started by upgrading or downgrading your DJI Mavic Pro Firmware, please make sure you have the following done.
- Install the latest DJI Go App
- Ensure your mobile device can be connected to the internet. (Make sure you are in WIFI instead of data plan)
- Connect your mobile device to the aircraft and the remote controller
Check Updates Using DJI Go App
First, the DJI Go App will check if an update is available. If an update is available, a prompt will be displayed on the status bar of the aircraft. Click on “Update Now” to enter the update screen.
Upgrade The New DJI Mavic Pro Firmware
Downloading the new firmware is super easy. Just click on “Download Now”. Wait for the package to be downloaded. After download finished, click on “Start Update”. When the update is complete, there will be a prompt that says “Update Complete”. Tap complete and continue. You can update the remote controller by following the same steps.[mks_col] [mks_one_half][/mks_one_half] [mks_one_half][/mks_one_half] [/mks_col]
Downgrade The DJI Mavic Pro Firmware
You can upgrade/download the DJI Mavic Pro firmware as required. The downgrading process will fail if the firmware cannot be downgraded. To downgrade, tap and hold the graduation cap icon at the top right corner to enter the downgrade screen.
Then, choose the firmware version you want and click on “Start Update”. That’s it.
Here are some notes on why sometimes upgrading/downgrading can fail:
- When the firmware of one module is not consistent with other, inconsistent firmware update will prompt up. E.g. this can happen when battery firmware is inconsistent with the aircraft firmware
- When the battery life of the remote controller is low. Or 30% of the aircraft. Best practice before performing upgrade/downgrade is to ensure that the aircraft battery is fully charged.
- When the mobile device is turned off during the process. If this happens, restart your mobile device and start again.
*Please note that it is common for the Mavic pro to restarted multiple times during the process.
Now you learn the right way how to upgrade/downgrade the DJI Mavic Pro firmware, hope this helps!